Friday, February 17, 2012

Beach Ball Ice Breaker


When searching for an icebreaker to use with a girls group that I began running a couple of weeks ago, I thought back to a game I played during orientation at Elon University.  Our orientation leader used a regular beach ball, like the one here, and wrote various questions on the surface of the ball.  In our orientation group, we would toss the ball to one another and answer the question that our left thumb landed on when we caught the ball.    

I borrowed this same concept for my group and created a ball with questions ranging in their level of depth.  Questions range from “What do Martians do on Mars?” to “What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?”  The girls in my group appeared to thoroughly enjoy getting to know one another using this playful and non-threatening game.  The ball has also become a popular item among students in the counseling office!!





      

2 comments: